Among the many options, dental implants and dentures are great solutions for replacing missing teeth. Research shows that around 70% of adults aged 35 to 44 have at least one missing tooth. Also at least one in every four people over the age of 74 has most of their teeth missing. As a result, missing teeth can be a huge issue and impact on one’s not only oral hygiene but also self-esteem.
In order to regain confidence in one’s smile as well as maintain oral hygiene, dental implants and dentures can be a possible solution. If you’re having trouble deciding, this article will show you some of the pros and cons of both dental implants and dentures. Moreover, dental implants, and dentures in Lake Worth Florida are great options if you are looking for long term results.
Here are some pros and cons for dental implants:
- Dental implants last for a lifetime.
- They are similar to natural teeth
- Very much cost-effective
- It is easier to replace as many teeth as needed.
- Dental implants do not need constant check-ups.
- The porcelain of the prosthetic can wear out easily; therefore it needs to be replaced every several years.
- The treatment cost is very high.
- For dental implants, enough bone support is a must.
Dentures are prosthetic teeth that are removable and may be fitted to your mouth regardless of how much bone is there. In this process, a complete set is replaced by all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaws, or they can replace a few missing teeth which are known as partial dentures. Here are some pros and cons of dental dentures:
- Dentures are a great way to repair whole rows of teeth.
- As the bone structure is not important therefore whatever the shape is, dentures still can be a possible solution.
- A denture is easy to maintain and can be cleaned by a simple rinse after eating.
- Dentures are cheaper than dental implants.
- Dentures are easily worn out and must be replaced over time.
- As one can easily remove their denture at the end of the day there are high chances of loosing them.
- Sometimes loose dentures make a clacking noise.
Teeth loss can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, tooth extraction, decay, and aging. If you are seeking dental implants or dentures in Lake Worth Florida, you can contact our dentists at Prestige Dental Care. Our experts will collaborate with you to identify the optimal approach for restoring your dental health and functionality.